synonyms:wound vac, Negative pressure wound therapy, vacuum assisted drainage collection,
Wound Vac CPT
Wound Vac Indications
- chronic, acute, traumatic, subacute and dehisced wounds, partial-thickness burns, ulcers (such as diabetic, pressure or venous insufficiency),flaps and grafts.
Wound Vac Contraindications
- Active bleeding
- Exposed blood vessels, anastomotic sites, organs, or nerves.
- Malignancy in the wound
- Untreated osteomyelitis
- Non-enteric and unexplored fistulas
- Necrotic tissue with eschar present
- Sensitivity to silver (V.A.C. GranuFoam™ Silver Dressing only
Wound Vac Alternatives
Wound Vac Pre-op Planning
- Ensure vac sponges, cannisters and vac machine are available.
Wound Vac Technique
Wound Vac Complications
Wound Vac Follow-up care
- Generally change sponge and canister every 48-72 hours
Wound Vac Outcomes
Wound Vac Review References