Sacral Fracture ICD-10
Sacral Fracture ICD-9
- 805.6 Fracture of vertebral column without spinal cord injury: sacrum and coccyx, closed
- 805.7 Fracture of vertebral column without spinal cord injury: sacrum and coccyx, open
Sacral Fracture Etiology / Epidemiology / Natural History
Sacral Fracture Anatomy
Sacral Fracture Clinical Evaluation
Sacral Fracture Xray / Diagnositc Tests
Sacral Fracture Classification / Treatment
- Denis,Classication (Denis F, CORR 1988;227:67)
- Zone 1-Ala region, lateral to the foraminal line, associated with partial damage to the 5th lumbar root (5.9%).
- Zone 2-Sacral foramina region, outside of the sacral canal; associated with sciatica (28.4%) but rarely bladder dysfunction.
- Zone 3-Central sacral canal (AKA: Transverse Fx); associated with saddle anesthesia and loss of sphincter tone; neurologic damage (56.7%) and involvement of bowel, bladder, and sexual dysfunction (76.1%).
Sacral Fracture Associated Injuries / Differential Diagnosis
Sacral Fracture Complications
Sacral Fracture Follow-up Care
Sacral Fracture Review References