synonyms:Paget-Schroetter Disease, axillo-subclavian vein thrombosis
- I82.729: Chronic embolism and thrombosis of deep veins of unspecified upper extremity
- 453.82 Acute venous embolism and thrombosis of the deep veins of upper extremity
- 453.72 Chronic venous embolism and thrombosis of the deep veins of upper extremity
Etiology / Epidemiology / Natural History
- Associated with weight lifting, throwing athletes
- Diffuse upper extremity swelling/edema from the hand to the axilla. May be painful or painfree.
- Examine for signs of cellulitis / infection (erythema, axillary lymph adenopathy)
Xray / Diagnositc Tests
- Diagnosed with upper extremity ultrasound which demonstrates thrombus in the subclavian and axillary veins.
Classification / Treatment
- Venogram / angiojet thrombolysis
Associated Injuries / Differential Diagnosis
- Cellulitis / infections
- Lung tumor; Pancoast tumor
- Thoracic Outlet