Outpatient Total Joint Discharge Medications
- Must be individualized to each patient.
- Toradol 10 mg PO q6hrs disp 16
- Celebrex 100mg po bid dips 60
- Keflex 500mg po qid disp 12
- Phenergan 25mg po q6hrs prn disp 20
- Aspirin 325 mg po bid dips # 60
- Consider 6 doses of oral Toradol
Outpatient Total Joint Criteria
- BMI <38 (<45): enroll in nutrition counseling/long term weight loss program/bariatric surgery.
- HA1c <7.5 (8): refer to PCP or endocrinologist
- Hgb >12 or HCT > 30: refer to PCP
- No history of DVT/PE
- Non smoker: enroll in nicotine cessation program(on-line or live)
- Physical deconditioning: ambulatory and independent with daily activities.
- Attend pre-op joint class.
- If in Pain managemet/on narcotics; must decrease by 50% pre-op
- Pulmonary relative contraindications: COPD, OSA, on Home O2
- Cardiac relative contraindications: CAD, CHF, on anticoagulation, >2 stents, ICD/Pacemaker,