||Foreign Body ICD-10
Foreign Body ICD-9
- 729.6 Residual foreign body in soft tissue
Foreign Body Diagnostic Imaging
- 15% of foreign bodies are not visualized on plain radiographs. (Morgan WJ, J Hand Surg Br. 1984;9(2):194-196).
- Stone, wood, and glass are often not well visualzed on plain xrays. Consider ultrasound or CT if suspected.
Foreign Body References
- Bodne D, Quinn SF, Cochran CF. Imaging foreign glass and wooden bodies of the extremities with CT and MR. J Comput Assist Tomogr. 1988;12(4):608-611.
- Russell RC, Williamson DA, Sullivan JW, Suchy H, Suliman O. Detection of foreign bodies in the hand. J Hand Surg Am. 1991;16(1):2-11.
- Crawford R, Matheson AB. Clinical value of ultrasonography in the detection and removal of radiolucent foreign bodies. Injury. 1989;20(6):341-343.
- De Flaviis L, Scaglione P, Del Bò P, Nessi R. Detection of foreign bodies in soft tissues: experimental comparison of ultrasonography and xeroradiography. J Trauma. 1988;28(3):400-404.