64y/o RHD male with progressive arthritis of right elbow with main complaint of loss of motion. Physical exam revealed ROM from 40-85 degrees. A/P and lateral pre-operative views shown.
Fenestration Arthroplasty CPT
Fenestration Arthroplasty Technique
- (ulnohumeral arthroplasty) (Outerbridge
- need trephine drill, kerosins, kregels, curettes, osteotomes
- slightly medial midline incision from olecranon 5cm proximal
- dissection to triceps fasia
- elevate skin medially until medial border of biceps is encounter
- free ulnar nerve and be warry of branches of medial antebrachial cutaneous nerve
- elevate triceps off capsule and humeral shaft
- after adequate expose, excise posterior capsule and remove posterior olecranon osteophytes and clearly define olecranon fossa
- make fenestration with trephine, clear anteriorly with kerosins
- elevate anterior capsule with kregels
- flex elbow to identify coronoid osteophtye and excise
- evaluate ROM, remove loose bodies etc
- close skin.
A/P and lateral post operative views. Patient had post-operative ROM 10-120 degrees.