|ICD-9||Classification / Treatment|
|Etiology / Natural History||Associated Injuries / Differential Diagnosis|
|Clinical Evaluation||Follow-up Care|
|Xray / Diagnositc Tests||Review References|
synonyms: axillary artery stenosis, axillary artery aneurysm, axillary artery occlusion
Axillary Artery Stenosis / Aneurysm ICD-10
- S45.001 (A,D,S)- Unspecified injury of axillary artery, right side
- S45.002 (A,D,S)- Unspecified injury of axillary artery, left side
- S45.009 (A,D,S)- Unspecified injury of axillary artery, unspecified side
- See all Axillary Artery ICD-10 Codes
- A=initial encounter, D=subsequent encounter, S=sequela
- 903.01 Injury to blood vessels upper extremity: axillary artery
- Occlusion can occur in baseball pitchers
- Related to repetitive compression and stretching of the axillary artery by the humerus during extremes of arm elevation and extension, as seen in the overhead pitching motion, in combination with anatomic fixation of the axillary artery underneath the pectoralis minor tendon at the location of the circumflex humeral branch vessel origins.
- Axillary artery is relatively fixed underneath the pec minor tendon where the circumflex humeral vessel originate.