- is an injury to the tendon/muscle unit.
- ICD-10 coding S@6. @ is the location of the strain.
1 = neck
2 = thoracic spine (S29.)
3 = lumbar spine and pelvis (S39.)
4 = shoulder/upper arm
5 = forearm
6 = wrist, hand, fingers
7 = hip/thigh
8 = lower leg
9 = ankle, foot, toes
- Grade I—a mild injury to the muscle or tendon where only some muscle fibers are damage.
- Grade II—a moderate injury with more extensive damage to muscle fibers, but the muscle is not completely rupture.
- Grade III—a severe injury with a complete rupture of a muscle or tendon