- ICD-9: www.icd9data.com.
- CPT Codes = AMA CPT search.
- CPT and ICD-9 are copyright American Medical Association, all right reserved.
- Codes listed are generalized estimates and may not fit any particular patient and may not reflected the most current ICD-9 codes. They serve as a starting point to find the correct code in a coding manual.
- Excellent coding manuals are available from the AAOS resourse center.
- -22: increased procedural services. used when work is substantially greater than typically required. IE revision ACL 29888-22.
- -25: significant, separately identifiable E&M service provided on same day as main procedure or service. IE 20610-25 added to follow-up visit E&M code for pateint with trochanteric bursitis resistant to treatment treated with injection.
- -58: staged or related procedure or service by the same physician during the postoperative period.
- -59: distinct procedural service performed on the same day.
- -76: repeat procedure or service by same physician.
- -78: unplanned return to the OR during postoperative period
- -AS: Physician assistant modifier used assuming the payer accepts the -AS modifier. ACL example: surgeon reports 29888, PA reports 29888-AS. Medicare pays for assistants for certain CPT codes, See CodeX if certain codes allow assistant modifiers, also see http:www.facs.org/ahp/index.html (click onf 2007 Physicians as assistants at Surgery Study), and http://www.hhs.cms.gov.
- -80, -81, -82: modifiers used for second assist surgeon.
- V66.4 Following treatment of fracture
- V67.0 Following Surgery
- V67.4 Following treatment of healed fracture
- V76.9 Unspecified follow-up examination
Layered Closure of Wounds
- see 12034 etc, there are no associated ICD-9 codes.
- 13121 Repair, complex
- 15100 split-thickness autograph
- 20103 exploration of penetrating wound; extremity
Debridement of Open Fractures
- 11010 (Debridement of open fractures: skin, subQ)
- 11011 (Debridement of open fractures: skin, subQ, muscle fascia, muscle)
- 11012 (Debridement of open fractures: skin, subQ, muscle fascia, muscle and bone)