Hamate Fx ICD-9
Hamate Fx Etiology / Epidemiology / Natural History
- Hook of the hamate fractures generally occur from a direct blow or repeated trauma (baseball batting / golf).
Hamate Fx Anatomy
Hamate Fx Clinical Evaluation
- Ulnar-sided wrist pain. Tenderness distal and radial to the pisiform and dorsally over the ulnar side of the distal carpal row.
- Evaluate ulnar nerve motor function
- Allen's test can be used to evaluate for ulnar artery thrombosis.
Hamate Fx Xray / Diagnositc Tests
- Hook of the hamate fx are best seen on a carpal tunnel view.
- CT: can confirm diagnosis, indicated for normal xray with high index of suspicion. (Polivy KD, J Hand Surg 1985;10A:101).
Hamate Fx Classification / Treatment
- Hook of the hamate fx: SAC vs excision of fracture fragment.
Hamate Fx Associated Injuries / Differential Diagnosis
Hamate Fx Complications
Hamate Fx Follow-up Care
Hamate Fx Review References
- Parker RD, AJSM 1986;14:517